Saturday, February 8, 2014

The Royal Old Vines Chenin Blanc


Name: The Royal Old Vines Chenin Blanc
Variety:Chenin Blanc
Year: 2012
Price: $7.95
Region: Western Cape
Country:South Africa

Vintage Celler Review: 90 Points – Robert Parker
"One of the greatest buys I have tasted this year is this under $10, 100% Chenin Blanc from the Western Cape. A super flowery-scented nose includes notions of ripe honeydew melons and pears. This medium-weight, fresh, fruity, crisp, dry, textbook Chenin Blanc will provide immense pleasure over the next 12 months."

My Review: I enjoyed this white over the Norton Sauvignon Blanc by far.  It had a much fuller body and longer after taste.  My initial taste I picked up notes of pear and possibly a tropical fruit.  This had a good balance, not too much heat and a sweet lingering after taste.  Definitely a great pairing with shellfish or anytime by itself.  I did not taste this with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment