Saturday, February 22, 2014

A Charming Pinot

Name: A Charming Pinot, once upon a vine
Variety:Pinot Noir 100%
Year: 2011
Price: $12.99
Region:Sonoma
Country:california

Winebar.com Description: A charming Pinot. Only a princely name would do for such a charming wine as this. Our California Pinot Noir is elegantly smooth and tastes of blackberry, cherry pie, and plum pudding with just a touch of brown sugar. Relax with a glass and imagine you've been whisked away to a palace vineyard. www.thewinebar.com. Alc. 13.5% By vol. Vinted & bottled by Diageo Wines, Sonoma, CA

My review: This is my favorite wine I have tasted so far!  I let the bottle decant for 4 hours at room temperature before I consumed it.  The initial smell is very fruity.  Cherry and blackberry notes are the first I smelled and tasted.  There was no acidity or dryness in the finish, just a lingering buttery cherry pie taste.  I really enjoyed this wine on its own!  I did not taste this with food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment